Jamiel E. Poindexter
Jamiel E. Poindexter is a partner in the Tax Department and a member of the Private Funds Group. He focuses on tax and economic issues associated with the formation of and investments in U.S. and non-U.S. venture capital funds, buyout funds, funds-of-funds, secondary funds, and other investment partnerships.
Jamiel advises U.S. and non-U.S. sponsors and institutional investors on all types of fund-related transactions and operations, including:
- structuring and raising private investment funds;
- investments by institutional investors in private investment funds;
- buy-side secondary transactions and sell-side secondary transactions;
- restructuring of existing funds;
- spin outs;
- succession planning; and
- portfolio company investments.